Click on any of the articles below to readmore...
SOUTH AFRICAN AVIATION SCENE
- The South African aviation scene during 1974 Air Cape, Cape Aero Services, Cape Aero Club, Court, South African Air Force, South African Airways, Atlas Kudu, Atlas Impala Mk II, Air Nova Falcon, Beagle Pup, Beech Staggerwing, Boeing 727-44 ZS-SBD, Canadair Sabre, Catalina CF-MIR, Lodestar ZS-ATL, Merlin IIB ZS-ILA, Mirage III D2Z, Sikorsky S-51 ZS-HBT, British Airways, DF Malan Airport (ICAO code FACT), Lanseria Airport (ICAO code FALA), Rand Airport (ICAO code FAGM) and Jan Smuts Airport (ICAO code FAJS)
- The South African aviation scene during1975 Seen in South Africa from January 1975 to December 1975, SAAF open days, Boeing EC-135N, 61-0329, Mirage F1CZ, Mirage F1AZ, Air Africa International 1975, DF Malan Airport (ICAO code FACT), air force base, air force station, South African Air Force, Paris Air Show, Le Bourget, Pietersburg, Port Elizabeth, Lanseria Airport (ICAO code FALA), Potchefstroom, Ysterplaat, Langebaanweg, Waterkloof, Oudtshoorn Airport (ICAO code FAOH), Bloemspruit, FAPE, FAPS, FAYP FALW, FAWK, FABL
- Aviation at DF Malan Airport from 1976 to 1977 The aviation scene at DF Malan Airport (ICAO code FACT); Aerolineas Argentinas; Air Cape; Cape Aero Club; Cape Aero Services; Court Helicopters; Namakwaland Lugdiens; Pan American World Airways; Rembrandt Tobacco; Safair; South African Air Force; South African Airways; South African Red Cross Society; Suidwes Lugdiens; United States Air Force; VARIG; SAA; SAAF; PAN AM; SA Red Cross Society; SA Airways; SA Air Force
- The Hawker Siddeley HS-748 in service with South African Airways ZS-HSA, ZS-HSI, ZS-SBU, ZS-SBV, ZS-SBW, Hawker Siddeley 748, HS-748, HS748, South African Airways, SAA
AIRSHOWS, FLY-INS AND EXHIBITIONS
- Air Africa International 1975 Air Africa International 1975 (AAI ’75); first of the biennial series of aviation exhibitions; Lanseria Airport (ICAO code FALA); 30 September to 5 October 1975; 1975-09-30 to 1975-10-05
- AVIATION AFRICA 1977 Aviation Africa 1977; Aviation Africa International 1977; AAI 1977; AAI -77; Lanseria Airshow 1977; Lanseria 6 October to 10 October 1977
- SAAF 80 International Airshow and Africa Aerospace and Defence 2000 Military participants: Africa (Algeria, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe), South America (Argentina), North America (the USA), Asia (Singapore) and Europe (Belgium, Germany, Sweden, the UK) Exhibitors: Aerosud; Armscor; ATE; BAE Systems; Comair; Dassault Aviation; Denel; EADS; Eurocopter Southern Africa; Execujet/ Bombardier Aerospace; Flying Lions; NAC; Paramount; Saab; Shurlok; Smirnoff; South African Airways; Thunder City; and Transnet Heritage Flight
- Bethlehem Airshow and Fly-in, 7 May 2005 Description of airfield, local operators, some crop sprayers, other airfields, images of fly-in and airshow aircraft. FABM, Orsmond Aviation, South African Weather Service, ZS-NVI, ZS-OPH, ZS-HPG, ZS-KPC, Sasol Tigers, ZS-GYV, ZS-OLZ, ZS-PEK, ZS-UOX, ZS-WSW, ZU-AOZ, 5H-PAN, Precision Air, River Air Charters, ZS-JOP.
- Polokwane International Airshow, 21 May 2005 History, infrastructure, residents, other aircraft, Golden Oldies, flight line at FAPB; discussion of airshow; route and directions; other attractions; and other airfields visited ZS-NWG, ZS-MLZ, ZS-IJH, ZS-ARV, ZS-OOT, ZS-ORP, 5N-BCY, C5-GAL, 3D-ZZM, 9J-AFW, ZS-JAI, Cheetah C, Cessna 185, Atlas Astra, CASA 212-200, ZS-NJX, ZS-ODX, ZU-ACE, ZU-BAL, ZU-BMC, ZU-CCO, ZU-COT, ZU-DMD, Mirage IIIBZ, ZU-KIM, Atlas Oryx, ZS-RWY, ZS-HAW, Canadair Sabre, ZS-OVZ, ZS-JMD, ZS-PBS, ZU-DNG, ZS-OUA.
- Africa Aerospace and Defence 2006 Review of Africa Aerospace and Defence 2006 (AAD 2006), review of some of the exhibitors
- A summary of 1970s, 1980s and 1990s biennial airshows, Dexsa 1994 and Dexsa 1998 as well as an overview of Africa Aerospace and Defence In this article brief details are given of some of the biennial airshows held in South Africa during the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s and of Dexsa 1994 and Dexsa 1998. In addition, an overview is provided of Africa Aerospace and Defence (AAD).
- Aviation in Springbok Information is provided about Joe Jowell and Namakwaland Lugdiens. The aviation scene in general, aircraft based at FASB (such as Turbo Centurion ZS-EJB and Cessna Stationair ZS-OCC) and the flying club are described. The 2007 fly-in is covered, movement highlights for 19 to 29 October 2007 are provided and salient features of the SA Red Cross Air Mercy Service are given. Details are provided of aircraft seen at FASB in October 2007.
- An introduction to Beechcraft models Walter Hershel Beech; Beech Aircraft Company; Travel Air Manufacturing Company; WH Beech; Wichita; Model 17; Model 18; Bonanza; Model 50; Model 95; Debonair; Queen Air; Musketeer; Super King Air; Duke; Sierra; Sundowner; Baron; Model 99; Queen Airliner; Model 99A Airliner; Turbo Mentor; Duchess; Model 1900; Skipper; Maritime Patrol 200T; Starship; Beechjet
- Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing Beech 17R, A17F, A17FS, B17L, B17B, B17E, B17R, C17B, C17L, C17R, C17E, D17R, D17S, D17A, D17W, E17B, E17L, F17D, G17S, UC-43, GB-1, GB-2, TRAVELLER, Beech model 17, ZS-AJT, ZS-BBZ
- Recognising certain variants of the Boeing 737 In this article various features to distinguish the Boeing 737-200, 737-300, 737-400, 737-500, 737-700 and 737-800 are described and illustrated.
- de Havilland DH89 Dragon Rapide Brush Coachworks, de Havilland Aircraft Company Limited, DH89, DH89A, DH89B Dominie, Geoffrey de Havilland, Hatfield, SAAF Museum, South African Air Force, Stag Lane, Witney, ZS-DLS, ZS-JGV,
- BOEING EC-135N 61-0329 AT DF MALAN AIRPORT (ICAO CODE FACT) ON 15 FEBRUARY 1975 Boeing EC-135N, 61-0329, Apollo space program, Apollo Range Instrumented Aircraft, ARIA, Advanced Range Instrumented Aircraft, C-135A-02-BN, EC-135E, 18236
- Air Force Base Potchefstroom Details about Air Force Base Potchefstroom, its units and open days/airshows held at the base
MOVEMENTS AND VISITS
- COMMEMORATION OF JOINT AIR TRAINING SCHEME 2 May 1987 2 May 1987, AFB Waterkloof, Joint Air Training Scheme, JATS, FAWK, flying training school, elementery flying training schools, EFTSs, service flying training schools, SFTSs, air school
- A short history of Consolidated PBY-5A Bu number 46633 Bureau number 46633, Bu No 46633, N10023, CF-MIR, C-FMIR, N608FF, G-BLSC, VR-BPS, VP-BPS, JV928/Y
- DH-89A Dragon Rapide ZS-JGV ZS-JGV, construction number 6831, de Havilland DH-89A Dragon Rapide, NR743, VP-KEF, 5H-AAN, VQ-SAG
- The SA Red Cross Air Mercy Service and the registration ZS-RCS ZS-RCS, Cessna U206B, Piper PA-23 Aztec, Cessna 550 Citation, Aerospatiale AS350B, SA Red Cross Air Mercy Service, South African Red Cross